Tell us a little bit about yourself.
By way of the Southwest I eventually found my home in Boston, where I have been living for the past 7 years. I’ve been an artist my entire life, and have worked in many mediums. I’m a classically trained fine art painter with a BFA in Visual Communications, emphasizing in Illustration, and I’ve spent over a decade creating paintings using unconventional methods and working in the field of digital art and graphic design. Before that, I worked extensively with digital video and a 35mm film camera. Around four years ago I was reunited with photography, and the passion quickly grew to an undeniable force. I find it the perfect outlet, and I see it as the culmination of my artistic career.
What is your advice to aspiring photographers on Instagram?
1) Have fun. Let Instagram inspire and drive your creativity.
2) Don’t get frustrated. Learning to be a great photographer takes both time and enjoyment in the process.
3) Be interactive. Find people you can relate with and build relationships and support networks.
4) Worry about what you are doing. Don’t get too caught up to with what others are doing, but support and appreciate their endeavors.
5) If something interests you never hesitate to learn. That is the only way you will develop as an artist.
6) Find out what inspires you and build a niche. Being well rounded only takes you so far. Be memorable.
7) Post a small amount of photos and keep the quality high.
8) Follow a small amount of people. If you follow too many people, a follow from you becomes disingenuous, because everyone gets lost in the shuffle.
9) Don’t troll and leave negative comments on others feeds, it reflects poorly on you as an individual.
Instagram: @greg_dubois | Website: gregdubois.com
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.